Bohemian Club of San Francisco

Image of Bohemian Club-inscription Image of Bohemian Grove 1The Bohemian Club of San Francisco started in 1872 in the back offices of the Chronicle.  The journalists added artists and musicians to the mix and would meet regularly nearby.  However, William Randolph Hearst soon realized that the boys were spending more time at the “club” than at the office.  To appease their boss, higher-ups such as corporate types and local military officers were included.  Since 1893, their summer retreats have been held at the present location in the redwood hills of Monte Rio along the Russian River. (more…)

Pin It on Pinterest